We are still open and here for you.
We are continuing to provide services as we have been doing throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We are prioritising delivering of care and services based on clinical needs.
If you need medical advice or treatment, please ring us on 01572 823531 or, for non-urgent advice or treatment, visit our website and send us your query www.uppinghamsurgery.nhs.uk/appointments/
Due to coronavirus, how you contact us will be different at the moment. This is to limit face-to-face contact whenever possible and help stop the spread of coronavirus.
When you phone or go online, you will be asked to provide some information about your healthcare need. This will help the practice healthcare team assess the most appropriate way to provide your care, which may include a face-to-face consultation and ensure it is provided by the most appropriate person. Face-to-face appointments are available to all patients where there is a clinical need.
Online consultation requests for non-urgent help can be made at any time. They will be responded to as soon as possible, usually within two working days.
Alternatively, visit the local pharmacy for clinical advice on minor health concerns.
For urgent issues or out of hours, you can also call the NHS on 111 or go online to seek NHS advice 111.nhs.uk
Attending a face-to-face appointment
If you are asked to come into the surgery for a face-to-face appointment, collect a prescription or need to speak with a member of the practice team please remember to wear a face covering. Measures are in place to keep both you and the practice team safe from infection during your visit to the surgery.
Five ways to seek healthcare advice from Uppingham Surgery
- 1. Visit our surgery website and complete a confidential online form to request advice or treatment. You will receive a response as soon as possible, usually within two working days. Online forms should not be used for very urgent medical problems.
- 2. Call us to arrange an appointment. You will usually be assessed by a clinician on the telephone first, with face-to-face care arranged if clinically needed. If you have a preference about how to access care please let us know.
T: 01572 823531
- 3. Call in to the practice to speak to one of our patient service advisors who can arrange for you to be assessed usually by a clinician on the telephone first, with face-to-face care arranged if clinically needed. Please remember to wear your face mask before entering the surgery.
4. For urgent issues or out of hours, you can also call the NHS on 111 or go online to seek NHS advice 111.nhs.uk
5. Download the NHS App to order repeat prescriptions and get health advice. You can also view your COVID-19 vaccination passport in the App.