This annual statement will be generated each year.
It will summarise:
- Any infection transmission incidents and any action taken (these will have been reported in accordance with our Significant Event procedure)
- Details of any infection control audits undertaken and changes in practice as required.
- Details of infection control risk assessments undertaken.
- Details of staff training.
- Any review and update of policies, procedures and guidelines
Uppingham Surgery has one lead for Infection, Prevention and Control, our Practice Nurse Manager, Cheryl Swain, supported by Dr Anu Kalra, GP.
Cheryl keeps updated on infection control and shares necessary information with the team. She also provides a link between the practice and the ELR CCG lead for infection control.
There is annual infection control audit undertaken by Cheryl and the Practice Manager. Last audit done was done in February 2019 for Uppingham Surgery and all the branch surgeries.
All new staff have infection control training as part of their induction on joining the surgery. Annual update training for all staff is also undertaken.
All staff continually strive to ensure that Uppingham Surgery and its branch surgeries are in compliance with infection control policies and current legislation.
Dr Kalra Uppingham Surgery